123/TUNE+ Rover-V8 (bluetooth)
Tuning your engine using your own tablet or smartphone? The TUNE+ is the first wireless electronic ignition that you can program yourself using your iOS or Android Bluetooth 4.0 devices. The free app enables you to adjust the advance curve. It shows an electronic dashboard. Within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with a state-of-the-art anti-theft system!
The 123/TUNE+ Rover-V8 replaces most distributors used in Rover-V8 engines (SD1 engines) as produced from 1976 onwards.
123/TUNE+ programming wireless
After installing the free app and making the Bluetooth connection you can enter the values: at which RPM do you need how many degrees crankshaft? In this way you will easily program your ideal advance curve with your smartphone or tablet.
The app enables you to adjust the advance curve, it shows an electronic dashboard and within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with a state-of-the-art anti-theft system!
The "Rover-V8" model replaces distributors used in Rover V8 engines (SD1 engines) as produced from 1976 onwards (please check dimensions before ordering). For pre-SD1 engines you would mostly need the 123/TUNE-Rover-preSD1. The 123/TUNE+ ROVER-V8 for 8 cylinders comes with an upright cap.
Features of the 123/TUNE+ ROVER-V8
- Rotation CW and CCW (auto detect)
- For 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars (auto detect)
- Variable dwell constant current, fully automatic (auto detect)
- Coil current protection time-out after 1 second (auto detect)
- This type is for negative earth cars only
- Programmable centrifugal advance curve (500 to 8000 rpm)
- Programmable vacuum-advance and boost-retard curve (0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi)
- Rev limiters (advanced random spark stealing)
- Real-time tuning (ideal for working on a test bench)
Your smartphone or tablet will show you
- Temperature gauge (selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- Manifold pressure (selectable in Bar or inches Hg/Psi)
- Tachometer (0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft)
- Spark-energy gauge (primary coil current)
- Total-advance gauge (in degrees crankshaft)
- Battery voltage
- GPS speed
Please note before ordering the TUNE+
We strongly advise you to check the dimensions of the 123/TUNE+ with the original distributor cap AND to carefully read the installation manual before you order! In the installation manual you will find more information and a few examples with a step by step explanation on how to install and program the 123/TUNE+.
The TUNE+ will run on all iOS and Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher).
Coil, cog wheel and spark plugs
Although used coils all look alike, they should be viewed with suspicion since one cannot tell from the outside whether and how often they were exposed to overheating in the past. Installing the 123ignition system will ensure that the coil will never overheat again in the future. Of course you can also easily order this here, we recommend the coil for V8
The 123/TUNE-Rover-V8 does not have a cog wheel. You can carefully transfer the gear from your old to your new distributor. Before mounting the gear, you must first align the hole with a 5mm drill bit. Of course you can also order a new gear from us so that we can mount it for you on your new 123/TUNE for free.
Perhaps you will also need new spark plugs? At 123ignitionshop we have added the spark plugs most commonly used in addition to the 123ignitions we offer. See: the spark plugs list.
Now also order the complete set in one go: a 123/TUNE+ Rover-V8 distributor + (mounted) sprocket + ignition coil for V8 + set of 8 spark plugs WR8DC + spark plug cables
- Direction of rotation
- 4,0 - 15,0 volts
- 500 - 8000 rpm
- -30 to 100 Celsius
- Stock or high energy coil, primary coil NOT below 1,0 ohm
- Constant current, fully automatic
- After 1 second current is switched off
- Less than 0,5 degr. crankshaft
Programmable: -20 / +20 degrees.
- Max. Advance
- 45 degr. crankshaft
- red +6V or +12V, black '-' ignition coil, blue chassis ground
- Earth type
- Suitable for negative and positive earth systems
- Wirelessly programmable with Android or iOS app
MGB GT V8 3.9 L fitted with the 123 Tune + BT
Installation went very smooth. The distributor is of top quality and the engine started immediate. The app is a great tool to tune. So all by all this is a major improvement . Yet , I would like to make one remark that the documentation states to look through the hole to see the green light when adjusting for TDC. That is no longer valid on my model and its a square led on the base plate. I also would like to mention that the curves that are provided on the 123 website are empty curves... For the rest , its a great piece and improvement to any oldtimer... Thank you for a great product