123/TUNE+ Rover-preSD1 (bluetooth)
Tuning your engine using your own tablet or smartphone? The TUNE+ is the first wireless electronic ignition that you can program yourself using your iOS or Android Bluetooth 4.0 devices. The free App enables you to adjust the advance curve. It shows an electronic dashboard. Within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with a state-of-the-art anti-theft system!
The 123/TUNE+ Rover-preSD1 replaces most distributors for older V8 (pre SD1) engines as used in Rover P5,P6 and MGB's.
123/TUNE+ programming wireless
After installing the free app and making the Bluetooth connection you can enter the values: at which RPM do you need how many degrees crankshaft? In this way you will easily program your ideal advance curve with your smartphone or tablet.
The app enables you to adjust the advance curve, it shows an electronic dashboard and within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with a state-of-the-art anti-theft system!
The 123/TUNE+ Rover-preSD1 replaces most distributors for older V8 (pre SD1) engines. Rover P5- & P6-, early Range-Rover- and MGB-engines are all, if not converted already, referred to as "pre-SD1". For SD1-engines, as produced from 1976 and onward, you will need the 123/TUNE-Rover. The only difference between these 123ignitions is the slightly different shaft (please check the dimensions)
Features of the 123/TUNE+ ROVER-PreSD1
- Rotation CW and CCW (auto detect)
- For 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars (auto detect)
- Variable dwell constant current, fully automatic (auto detect)
- Coil current protection time-out after 1 second (auto detect)
- This type only is for negative earth cars
- Programmable centrifugal advance curve (500 to 8000 rpm)
- Programmable vacuum-advance and boost-retard curve (0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi)
- Rev limiters (advanced random spark stealing)
- Real-time tuning (ideal for working on a test bench)
Your smartphone or tablet will show you
- Temperature gauge (selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- Manifold pressure (selectable in Bar or inches Hg/Psi)
- Tachometer (0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft)
- Spark-energy gauge (primary coil current)
- Total-advance gauge (in degrees crankshaft)
- Battery voltage
- GPS speed
Please note before ordering the TUNE+
We strongly advise you to check the dimensions of the 123/TUNE+ with the original distributor cap AND to carefully read the installation manual before you order! In the installation manual you will find more information and a few examples with a step by step explanation on how to install and program the 123/TUNE+.
The TUNE+ will run on all iOS and Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher).
Coil and spark plugs
Although used coils all look alike, they should be viewed with suspicion since one cannot tell from the outside whether and how often they were exposed to overheating in the past. Installing the 123ignition system will ensure that the coil will never overheat again in the future. Of course you can also order this here, we recommend the coil for V8.
Perhaps you will also need new spark plugs? At 123ignitionshop we have added the spark plugs most commonly used in addition to the 123ignitions we offer. See: the spark plugs list.
Now order the complete set in one go: a 123/TUNE+ Rover preSD1 V8 distributor + (mounted) sprocket + Ignition coil for V8 + set of 8 spark plugs WR8DC + spark plug cables
- Direction of rotation
- 4,0 - 15,0 volts
- 500 - 8000 rpm
- -30 to 100 Celsius
- Stock or high energy coil, primary coil NOT below 1,0 ohm
- Constant current, fully automatic
- After 1 second current is switched off
- Less than 0,5 degr. crankshaft
Programmable: -20 / +20 degrees.
- Max. Advance
- 45 degr. crankshaft
- red +6V or +12V, black '-' ignition coil, blue chassis ground
- Earth type
- Suitable for negative and positive earth systems
- Wirelessly programmable with Android or iOS app
No customer reviews for the moment.