123/TUNE+ 6-R-V-V6 (bluetooth), replaces distributors in Ford V6 Cologne engines
Tuning your engine using your own tablet or smartphone? The TUNE+ is the first wireless electronic ignition that you can program yourself using your iOS or Android Bluetooth 4.0 devices. The free App enables you to adjust the advance curve. It shows an electronic dashboard. Within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with a state-of-the-art anti-theft system!
The "V6" model will replace most distributors, as used by Ford Cologne engines in f.e. Ford Taunus, Granada, Consul, Ford Pinto 2.8 and Ford Capri (please check dimensions before ordering). The 123/TUNE+ 6-R-V-V6 for 6 cylinders comes with an upright cap.
123/TUNE+ programming wireless
After installing the free app and making the Bluetooth connection you can enter the values: at which RPM do you need how many degrees crankshaft? In this way you will easily program your ideal advance curve with your smartphone or tablet.
The app enables you to adjust the advance curve, it shows an electronic dashboard and within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with a state-of-the-art anti-theft system!
Model "V6" for Ford V6 engines
The "V6" model will replace most distributors, for example used by Ford in the Ford Cologne engine in 17M, 20M, 26M, Taunus, Granada, Consul, Ford Pinto 2.8 and Ford Capri (please check dimensions before ordering). The 123/TUNE+ 6-R-V-V6 for 6 cylinders comes with an upright cap.
Features of the 123/TUNE+ 6-R-V-V6
- Rotation CW
- For 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars (auto detect)
- Variable dwell constant current, fully automatic (auto detect)
- Coil current protection time-out after 1 second (auto detect)
- For positive and negative earth cars (123TUNE-8 is for negative earth ONLY)
- Programmable centrifugal advance curve (500 to 8000 rpm)
- Programmable vacuum-advance and boost-retard curve (0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi)
- Rev limiters (advanced random spark stealing)
- Real-time tuning (ideal for working on a test bench)
Your smartphone or tablet will show you
- Temperature gauge (selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- Manifold pressure (selectable in Bar or inches Hg/Psi)
- Tachometer (0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft)
- Spark-energy gauge (primary coil current)
- Total-advance gauge (in degrees crankshaft)
- Battery voltage
- GPS speed
Please note before ordering the TUNE+
We strongly advise you to check the dimensions of the 123/TUNE+ with the original distributor cap AND to carefully read the installation manual before you order! In the installation manual you will find more information and a few examples with a step by step explanation on how to install and program the 123/TUNE+.
The TUNE+ will run on all iOS and Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher).
Coil and spark plugs
Although used coils all look alike, they should be viewed with suspicion since one cannot tell from the outside whether and how often they were exposed to overheating in the past. Installing the 123ignition system will ensure that the coil will never overheat again in the future. Of course you can also easily order this here, we recommend the High Energy Coil #2020.
Perhaps you will also need new spark plugs? At 123ignitionshop we recently added spark plugs most commonly used in addition to the 123ignitions we offer. See: the spark plugs list.
Now also the complete set can be ordered in one go: a 123/TUNE+ 6-R-V-V6 distributor + Bosch ignition coil red + set of 6 spark plugs WR7DC + spark plug cables!
- Direction of rotation
- 4,0 - 15,0 volts
- 500 - 8000 rpm
- -30 to 100 Celsius
- Stock or high energy coil, primary coil NOT below 1,0 ohm
- Constant current, fully automatic
- After 1 second current is switched off
- Less than 0,5 degr. crankshaft
- Programmable: -20 / +20 degrees.
- Max. Advance
- 45 degr. crankshaft
- red +6V or +12V, black '-' ignition coil, blue chassis ground
- Earth type
- Suitable for negative and positive earth systems
- Wirelessly programmable with Android or iOS app
Granada V6, 2,3l
I use this system in my ‘75 2.3l V6 cologne engine with modified camshaft, compression ratio, carb etc.
It works very well and after several thousands of kilometers it seems to be very durable. In addition it makes fun to tune and experiment with different timings related to fuel (98/102 octane..) Great product! Good app!
Electronic distributor is really the best
I have a 123ignition in my MGA and it works great since 8 years. Old distributors get all sorts of problem with changed springs and vacuum resulting in a very bad ignition curve. Full electronic distributor fix all these problems. Now I have rebuilt my Ford Taunus V6 from Köln and need to replace the distributor and contacted 123Ignition, but it turned out it was not designed yet :-), this was back in 2016, but now I made a new try and look forward to the results.