123/TUNE+ 4-R-V-BMW CW (bluetooth) for M10 engines
Tuning your engine using your own tablet or smartphone? The TUNE+ is the first wireless electronic ignition that you can program yourself using your iOS or Android Bluetooth 4.0 devices. The free App enables you to adjust the advance curve. It shows an electronic dashboard. Within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with an anti-theft system!
The "BMW" model will replace as used in combination with BMW M10 engines that don't need a trigger pulse for injection. Please check dimensions and installation manual before ordering.
123/TUNE+ programming wireless
After installing the free app and making the Bluetooth connection you can enter the values: at which RPM do you need how many degrees crankshaft? In this way you will easily program your ideal advance curve with your smartphone or tablet.
The app enables you to adjust the advance curve, it shows an electronic dashboard and within the settings there is also an immobilizer integrated to secure your car with an anti-theft system!
The "BMW" model replaces distributors used in BMW M10 engines in 1963- 1977 BMW models 1600, 1602, 1800, 1802, 2000, 2002, 316, 318, 320 and 518 that don't need a trigger pulse for injection (please check dimensions before ordering).
Features of the 123/TUNE+ 4-R-V-BMW CW
- Rotation CW
- For 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars (auto detect)
- Variable dwell constant current, fully automatic (auto detect)
- Coil current protection time-out after 1 second (auto detect)
- For positive and negative earth cars (123TUNE-8 is for negative earth ONLY)
- Programmable centrifugal advance curve (500 to 8000 rpm)
- Programmable vacuum-advance and boost-retard curve (0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi)
- Rev limiters (advanced random spark stealing)
- Real-time tuning (ideal for working on a test bench)
Your smartphone or tablet will show you
- Temperature gauge (selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- Manifold pressure (selectable in Bar or inches Hg/Psi)
- Tachometer (0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft)
- Spark-energy gauge (primary coil current)
- Total-advance gauge (in degrees crankshaft)
- Battery voltage
- GPS speed
Please note before ordering the TUNE+
The cogwheel of this TUNE+ 4-R-V-BMW CW makes the unit turn Clockwise. When your engine is a M10 of the newer type (as f.e. is used in BMW E21 after 1978) a distributor which turns Counter Clockwise is needed: 123/TUNE+ 4-R-V-BMW CCW
We strongly advise you to check the dimensions of the 123/TUNE+ with the original distributor cap AND to carefully read the installation manual before you order! In the installation manual you will find more information and a few examples with a step by step explanation on how to install and program the 123/TUNE+.
The TUNE+ will run on all iOS and Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher).
Coil and spark plugs
Although used coils all look alike, they should be viewed with suspicion since one cannot tell from the outside whether and how often they were exposed to overheating in the past. Installing the 123ignition system will ensure that the coil will never overheat again in the future. Of course you can also order this here, we recommend the 123 Red Coil.
Perhaps you will also need new spark plugs? At 123ignitionshop we have added the spark plugs most commonly used in addition to the 123ignitions we offer. See: the spark plugs list.
Now also available to order the complete set in one go:
- Direction of rotation
- 4,0 - 15,0 volts
- 500 - 8000 rpm
- -30 to 100 Celsius
- Stock or high energy coil, primary coil NOT below 1,0 ohm
- Constant current, fully automatic
- After 1 second current is switched off
- Less than 0,5 degr. crankshaft
- Programmable: -20 / +20 degrees.
- Max. Advance
- 45 degr. crankshaft
- red +6V or +12V, black '-' ignition coil, blue chassis ground
- Earth type
- Suitable for negative and positive earth systems
- Wirelessly programmable with Android or iOS app
Great product; fairly easy installation
High quality unit which has taken the BMW 2002 world by storm. No more issues with tired springs in 40-year old Bosch distributors. Has a factory look when installed.
I installed one in my 1974 Turbo. A couple of hints: use shrink wrap for the wires for a cleaner installation; and, use an iPad, not an iPhone to program the vacuum curve.
Bye bye timing light, and annoying points.