123/TUNE-4-R-V-MiniA plus (USB version)
The 123/TUNE-4-R-V-Mini-Aplus is designed with the Mini enthusiast in mind. Programming your ideal advance curve? The 123/TUNE ignition enables you to do so. Just using a (shielded) USB cable and notebook. So if you want to tune your engine or have an engine that does not have a standard distributor available... the 123/TUNE can help you out. You can easily setup the 123/TUNE to fulfill even the most demanding requirements.
The "MiniA+" model will replace distributors as used in Mini A+/ A plus engines.
123/TUNE the USB programmable electronic 123ignition
Programming your ideal advance curve? The 123/TUNE ignition enables you to do so. Just using a (shielded) USB cable and notebook. So if you want to tune your engine or have an engine that does not have a standard distributor available... the 123/TUNE can help you out. You can easily setup the 123/TUNE to fulfill even the most demanding requirements.
The unit offers two sets of curves that can be selected by placing power on the yellow wire from the 123/TUNE. By using this function you will be able to switch between two pre-programmed curves without having to use a computer. Particularly apt when you are (also) driving on LPG.
Model "MiniA+" for Mini distributors
The A + plus engines were made from circa 1980. The "MiniA+" model will replace distributors as used in Mini A+ engines (please check dimensions before ordering).
Features of the 123/TUNE-4-R-V-MINI-A PLUS
- Rotation CW and CCW (autodetect)
- For 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars (autodetect)
- For positive and negative grounded cars
- Variable dwell constant current, fully automatically (autodetect)
- Coil current protection time-out after 1 second (autodetect)
- Two centrifugal advance curves (500 to 8000 rpm)
- Two vacuum-advance and boost-retard curves (0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi) with MAP-start fields
- Two rev. limiters (advanced random spark stealing)
- 'Real-time' tuning under keyboard-control (ideal for working on a rolling road)
- Rpm-stopwatch (ideal for tuning using the road itself as a rolling road)
- Luxurious import-from-file and export-to-file (curves can easily be exchanged over the internet)
While using the software an electronic 'dashboard' will show you
- Temperature gauge (selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- Manifold pressure (selectable in Bar or inches Hg/Psi)
- Tachometer (0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft)
- Spark-energy gauge (primary coil current)
- Total-advance gauge (in degrees crankshaft)
Please note before ordering
We strongly advise you to check the dimensions of the 123/TUNE with the original distributor cap AND to carefully read the installation manual before you order! In the installation manual you'll find more information and a few examples with a step by step explanation on how to install and program the 123/TUNE.
You can download the latest version of the 123/TUNE software here: www.123ignition.nl. The minimum system requirements for the 123-tune software are:
• MS Windows XP
• 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor
• 256 megabytes (MB) RAM
• Free (powered!) USB port
• Shielded USB cable with mini-B plug (male) – also available in our webshop
USB cable, coil and sparkplugs
Please note: the 123/TUNE will be delivered WITHOUT shielded USB-cable. The manufacturer advises you to use a Belkin cable, of course you can also order this here. Below you’ll find a picture from the cable at ‘Accessories’ and you can easily add it to your cart.
In the same way you can easily order a new coil. Although used coils all look alike, they should be viewed with suspicion since one cannot tell from the outside whether and how often they were exposed to overheating in the past. Installing the 123ignition system will ensure that the coil will never overheat again in the future. We recommend the 123 Blue Coil.
Perhaps you will also need new spark plugs? At 123ignitionshop we’ve added the spark plugs most commonly used in addition to the 123ignitions we offer. See: the spark plugs list.
- Direction of rotation
- 4,0 - 15,0 volts
- 500 - 8000 rpm
- -30 to 100 Celsius
- Stock or high energy coil, primary coil NOT below 1,0 ohm
- Constant current, fully automatic
- After 1 second current is switched off
- Less than 0,5 degr. crankshaft
- Programmable: -20 / +20 degrees.
- Max. Advance
- 45 degr. crankshaft
- red +6V or +12V, black '-' ignition coil, blue chassis ground, yellow curve selector
- Earth type
- Suitable for negative and positive earth systems
- Programmable via USB cable with Windows PC Software
No customer reviews for the moment.