Timing Light with display and advance function
Timing light, necessary for adjusting the ignition timing of your 123ignition. This is the more luxurious strobe lamp with display and advance function.
We have been using this no-nonsense timing light in the workshop for more than 10 years. The xenon flash lamp gives a lot of light and due to the narrow design with articulated arm you can also reach hard to reach places.
This is the more luxurious flash lamp with display and conjugation function. You can read the speed in the display and you can set the moment of flashing to take place later or earlier. This also allows you to accurately read a time. If you only have bdp and want to adjust 8 degrees for bdp, you can make the flash happen 8 degrees later. You can then adjust the ignition to 8 degrees for bdp with the bdp mark. We find this extra option very useful.
How to use the timing light:
- Connect the lamp to a 12V battery
- Place the current clamp around the spark plug cable of cylinder 1
You can now display the ignition time:
- The most convenient is to mark the desired ignition point with a white line (white-out fluid). This reflects well when the lamp flashes.
- You can get the most out of your workshop manual for the ignition timing. In many cars, 8 degrees before top dead center, without vacuum advance, is specified by the manufacturer.
- You can then adjust the ignition time very precisely. You do this by equating the dash with the engine running.
See also the video Adjusting the timing spark.
The lamp is of good quality and lasts longer than most competing products. Be careful that the cables do not end up on the manifold or in the fan.
Operating voltage: 12 V.
Speed range: up to 10,000 rpm
No customer reviews for the moment.